Saturday night we were in the P&L district celebrating a friend's 30th birthday. By midnight, I was ready to go back to the hotel room. (I was ready at 7:00 when the bachelorette parties showed up!)
One of the girls I had met that night was also ready to leave when I was ready. Because she drove and parked under the P&L, it made the safest sense for me to walk with her to her car and then for her to drive me to my hotel. That way we would both be safe.
On the walk to the car and ride to the hotel, she began asking about my move to Austin and what type of church it was. That discussion led to a discussion about guilt and the burden of living with guilt. I shared that I was freed from that guilt by friends who openned the Bible with me and showed me that when Christ said on the Cross 'It is Finished,' He meant the price was paid. Now we can say, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1) This led to the whole Gospel story.
As I got out of the car, I thought $140 for a room to be able to be used to deliver a priceless message. Hmmmm, God does know what He's doing and how much it would cost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Priceless!
ReplyDelete